We’re Getting Smarter and You Can Too!
As with all software, we’re constantly working to make our product better – and Spirit Lake has greatly evolved since the last version you may have seen. Among the improvements:
- Level 0 has been transformed into a 3-d world. The playable level used to be a 2-D minigame, but we locked the invisible developer in the coding dungeon until he transformed it into a 3-D world.
- We’ve fixed dozens of little bugs. Some of them you may have encountered, some of them you may have never seen. Either way, we’ve squashed them all.
- Improved Graphics. Each time we do another update, we improve the graphics.
- We’ve made installation 20 times easier. For Mac, it’s as easy as dragging an icon into your Applications folder. For PC users, just a couple of clicks and you’re good to go. Browser compatibility is no longer an issue. Whether you use Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Explorer, our game will run on your computer. (However, we still don’t run on Windows XP.)
- We added new Easter Eggs- We added lots of new hidden features, messages, and videos in the game. You never know what you’ll find next!
After you play the newest version of Spirit Lake, let us know what you think! And you never know, your suggestions may end up in Spirit Lake 6.0.
Camp Don’t Get Dumber Over Summer
For kids, summer vacation is about being carefree. But for parents, the months off may be cause for concern.
Studies have shown that most students lose the equivalent of two months of math skills over the summer. Lower income students also lose two months of reading skills over the break.
When kids are not engaged in educational or learning activities, they begin to lose skills and knowledge. This isn’t just anecdotal – it’s supported by more than 100 years of research!
To combat this problem, 7 Generation Games is launching “Camp Don’t Get Dumber Over Summer.” We’re looking to turn two months of losing into two months of learning.
The free site launches June 15 and will feature educational videos, learning activities, games and more with an emphasis on math and history as well as reading and writing. The goal is to provide students with fun ways to prevent the backward slide that summer brings.
Camp Don’t Get Dumber Over Summer will offer sites aimed at both kids (grades 3-6) and teens (grades 7-12). New content will be added weekly.
Summer learning loss impacts all students, with lower income students being hit the hardest. Because want to eliminate income barriers, any student who participates in our online camp program will be eligible to demonstrate what they’ve learned and earn a free copy of one of 7 Generation Games’ games once a month. Games can still also be purchased through our site.
7 Generation Games makes games that make you smarter. We combine math, history and adventure gaming to create an environment where you play awesome games and learn math along the way in a real-world context. Research has shown students who played our games improved 300 percent. For more, visit www.7generationgames.com.