GAME DESIGN 101
THIS UNIT WILL COVER:
- Introduction to Game Design
- Encourages how to think critically about games from narrative and technical perspectives
- Develops professional communication skills
- Develops written and/or oral presentation skills
- Students will have the option to give a real-world presentation to members of our design team OR submit a written report to and receive feedback from a member of our design team.
- Reinforces math skills through games
- Students will use Google apps (drive, doc, slides, Hangout). [You will need a gmail account to access.]
- Students will review a minimum of 3 games, making notes.
- Students will review bugzilla for examples of bug reports.
- Students will submit bugs.
- Students will review sample game design documents, and using templates, experience the game design process.
- Students will combine individual documents to make a presentation to the software development team via Google hangout recommending game revisions and enhancements.