There are a lot of links out there on the Web. We know you could just do a Google search yourself, but the issue isn’t finding links – it’s find good, accurate and useful links.
We’ve vetted hundreds of sites out there to create a list highlighting the best of the bunch when it comes to Dakota Sioux culture and math.
If you know of any sites we should include, please let us know. CONTACT US NOW
- Math Goodies – Order of Operations
- Math Four, great site on teaching math by Bon Crowder. Especially great post on:
- Ten Questions to Ask About a Math Problem
- Youcubed – Math site with tasks, group activities and more. (See the site review from Marisol. )
- Association of American Indian Affairs Language Program – Games
- Dakota-Lakota Sioux Language Page on Native-Languages.org
(Especially good resources under “Our Online Dakota-Lakota Language Materials,” including: numbers, animals, colors, etc.)
Native American Language Resources
- Oowa Kin (UMN Dakota Alphabet)
- Sddoyaya he? (Do you know?)
- Táku wadáka he? (What do you see?)
- Taku yata yacin he? (What do you want to eat?)
- Wahpe Kagapi (Making tea)
- Woyute opetun unyapi kta he? (Should we all go grocery shopping?)
- Language Geek, provides free fonts and keyboard layout for Native languages, including Siouan and Ojibwe languages.
College Resources for Native Americans
- American Indian Education Fund – AIEF
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society – AISES
- Scholarships and College Guide for Native American Students – Maryville University
- Sioux Scholarship – University of North Dakota