Starting a new job can be scary. When I started here last week I did not know what to expect, but I knew I had no reason to be scared! Here are five things I have learned so far in my first week as the new intern.
1. When you work for a company like this, you will not be able to stop talking about the products! Let me tell you, I have told all of my friends and family about Making Camp Premium and how great it is for students!
2. Being the intern isn’t all that bad. When I picture an intern, I think of those poor people who get stepped all over and sent out of the office multiple times a day for coffee and dry cleaning. Being an intern here is nothing like that! Though my responsibilities are different, I am not viewed as any less than anyone else in the office.
3. Every office should have a dog. Now I know what you are thinking, but hear me out. Dogs can improve the morale of everyone in the office and they are just so darn cute! Who wouldn’t want a dog in their office?
4. Maybe you can’t change the entire world in one shot, but you can certainly change multiple people’s worlds in a short period of time. Let me explain what I mean by this: it is nearly impossible to change the world overnight, but give a child one of our games, and the world for that child just changed almost instantaneously. So you can change the world, one world at a time.
5. Running a startup is HARD! Getting to see the behind scenes operations makes me appreciate this company and their products so much more. I can see how much hard work and dedication lives in the office, and how much determination it takes to push through all of the craziness. And it inspires me so much to keep moving forward with my own life goals.
BONUS: Women in tech are badass! Next time you are face-to-face with a female leader, say “You are a badass,” to them. They have gone through a lot to get where they are and they deserve all of the praise in the world.