Summary: 7 Generation Games, an edtech company developing educational video games and game development platform technology, is looking for a full-time business development manager.
Compensation: Base ($75,000) + Commission
Benefits: Company health plan, paid vacation, sick leave
7 Generation Games is looking for a highly motivated business development manager to join a growing edtech company. This person will be responsible for sales operations efforts, including identifying sales opportunities and developing and cultivating a sales pipeline focused on customized educational video game sales.
This is a work-from-home position (with an option to work in-office in Minneapolis if desired), but the role must be based out of Minnesota. The candidate will be expected to come into the office for key meetings, event preparation or as needed with advance notice, anticipated 1-3 x per quarter.
This person will work closely with 7 Generation Games executive team to learn and understand 7 Generation Games products, vision, mission and market, then work collaboratively to meet company sales goals.
The right candidate will be a strong communicator who is highly organized, willing to learn and thrives in a fast-paced, results-driven environment. We need someone who can work independently, but who knows when to ask questions and can offer insightful opinions.
Our ideal candidate is someone eager to grow with the company as we continue to expand. As a small company, this position will have more autonomy and flexibility as well as broader responsibilities.
As a forward-facing member of our staff, this person needs to be comfortable making sales calls, doing initial customer presentations and representing 7 Generation Games at industry events. (See the full list of responsibilities below.)
This is a mid-level position with potential for growth. Previous experience selling B2B is required. Experience in one or more of the following is highly desired: enterprise software sales, selling to government agencies, selling to nonprofits, selling within the educational sector, working in a startup or scale up environment.
Candidates should have passion for improving education. Interest in gaming is a plus, but not a must.
Job responsibilities include:
- Pursue leads and move them through the sales cycle
- Research prospective accounts in target markets/sectors
- Develop quotes and proposals for prospective clients
- Identify, research, plan and implement new target market initiatives
- Attend conferences and industry events
- Work with executive team to develop sales and business development strategy. Execute and (as needed) adjust strategy to meet company goals.
- With executive team, set, track and meet 30-60-90 day metrics focused around revenue growth.
- Cultivate sales funnel. Keep executive team informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses. Maintain records on area and customer sales.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of educational software industry, including trends, buying cycles and marketplace competitors. This includes in-depth understanding of all 7 Generation Games and supplemental resources and our place within the market.
- Give on-site and remote demo and sales presentations of 7 Generation Games products. Adjust content of presentations as needed.
- Identify and work with related staff to create materials as needed.
- Other related tasks as required/relevant.
Travel: Up to 25-30% Time