As my final day in the office is coming to an end, I would like to reflect on the amazing work that is being done by the 7 Generation Games team. From the constant updates to Spirit Lake and Fish Lake to the development of a new iPad game, there is always an action item that needs our attention.
Nonetheless, I have had the opportunity to work on certain math videos for our Spirit Lake and new iPad game. And as a result, I have come across many of our instructional math videos in the process. Here are five of my favorite math videos that 7 Generation Games have created thus far.
1. The Stew Problem – This video teaches us about fractions using the division of stew among a group of people.
2. Meeting in the Middle – Watch this to learn about how equivalent fractions can be used as part of a whole.
3. Probability, Guinea Pigs – Probability AND GUINEA PIGS!? Yes.
4. Buffalo Hunting – A word problem about hunting buffalo for the coming winter.
5. Using Division – And last, but not least, watch this to learn how to divide medicine, arrows, and dreamcatchers. (Narrated by yours truly)
As my time here is coming to a close, I would like to thank 7 Generation Games for their dedication and passion to education.