Whether or not you backed us on Kickstarter, you’d probably find our Family Textbook hilarious. It’s a book of, you guessed it, our family group text. If you didn’t back us on Kickstarter for $50 or more, you won’t be getting one, but you can still read about what you’re missing . If you did back us, your book should be done in about a month.
We will definitely not be posting any more examples here because our Kickstarter post used up the only PG-rated text we had. In fact, when I was searching my computer for texts, I just searched on the word “fuck” and I came up with such an unmanageable number that I had to change my search terms to “fuck!” and “monkey”.
Ronda had made so many politically incorrect and profane (but very funny) comments, that I suggested we replace her name with a fictitious sister named Taniesha, who would get all of the blame, either that, or everywhere Ronda had texted anything replace it with “monkey, monkey, monkey” because I thought that was more amusing than “redacted”.
I thought it would be amusing to play a game here and see how many people can guess correctly out of me, Ronda, Jenn, Maria, Julia and Dennis who said what. Put your answers below and the person with the most correct answers will get an autographed Ronda poster and an autographed 7 Generation Games poster – which happen to be 2 random things in my closet. If we get a lot of correct answers, I’ll have Cal pull a name out of a hat.
Put your answers in the comments below.
Who said it
Obviously, all of these are taken out of context. Some of these conversations were about raising a seed round while others were about … well, you’ll have to get the book.
- Eggplant is nasty and a liar because no egg is involved.
- I would think it would involve at least a plane, an alarm clock and whatever the female equivalent of an eggplant is
- Most people’s family mass texts consist of things like are you going to X random family member’s birthday party … they aren’t usually about jet lagged sex organs.
- It’s a nice prison, it has Starbucks.
- I have actually been in jail, but not lately.
- I’m pretty sure I have never expressed my true feelings about ducks in his presence.
- … my uterus thought I went into the future
- … teach him to fight? He’s an EMBRYO for God’s sake!
- The guy has a crab on his head.
- Never make any assumptions about someone you meet on the internet
- Wait, did you just reply angrily to yourself?
- I knew I birthed humanity’s savior
- “I know where you buried the body.” Then it’s a relief when it’s not about the person they murdered.
- Is she armbarring the dog ?
- It helps me make money, what does it do for you?
When I am not making up random quizzes, I make games that teach math and history. Check out Aztech: The Beginning. It’s cool now and available for iPads, free, even , but by the end of next month, thanks to our Kickstarter backers, it will be even better and we’ll have a second game out in the series.
Oooww I want that poster soo bad,I love Ronda so bad, I even love YOU so bad, lol pleease!
Here we go
Eggplant is nasty and a liar because no egg is involved. — Julia
I would think it would involve at least a plane, an alarm clock and whatever the female equivalent of an eggplant is – Ronda
Most people’s family mass texts consist of things like are you going to X random family member’s birthday party … they aren’t usually about jet lagged sex organs. — Definiitely Ronda
It’s a nice prison, it has Starbucks.- Jenn
I have actually been in jail, but not lately. – I think Maria is the wild card here
I’m pretty sure I have never expressed my true feelings about ducks in his presence – Dennis.
… my uterus thought I went into the future – Maria, she’s the one with the kids, right?
… teach him to fight? He’s an EMBRYO for God’s sake! – Jenn
The guy has a crab on his head. – Julia, definitely Julia
Never make any assumptions about someone you meet on the internet – AnnMaria
Wait, did you just reply angrily to yourself? – Ronda
I knew I birthed humanity’s savior – Of course it’s AnnMaria
“I know where you buried the body.” Then it’s a relief when it’s not about the person they murdered. – Ronda
Is she armbarring the dog ? – Ronda
It helps me make money, what does it do for you? – AnnMaria
This is great. Hope I get this.
4. Ann Maria
7. Ann Maria
12. Ann Maria
Ronda’s book was an inspiration not just for me, but for my daughters and my wife who cumulatively are her biggest fan. Learning about your family’s struggles and how closely you stuck together through them was a brilliant exclamation of how a family should be. We have a wall dedicated to her five posters in our home. Hopefully I got lucky and can add an autographed poster to that wall.
Dr. AnnMaria- 5, 7, 12, 15
Ronda- 4, 13
Jenn- 3, 10
Maria- 6, 8, 11
Julia- 1, 14
Dennis- 2 , 9
4. AnnMaria because she likes coffee
5. Jennifer because I think she has a secret past
6. Dennis one of these must be Dennis
12. Must be AnnMaria talking about Ronda
Ahh, so tough! Here goes:
12. Jenn. I’m torn between Jenn and Maria, I’ll go with Jenn.
I like your email address. My department actually had a Lisa computer back in the day.
Greetings from Colombia