Have a school license?
You should have received a link with instructions from us. If you did not, email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this contact form. Someone will get back to you within 24 hours.
Choose your operating system:
Installing on Windows
Select the game you want below. The link will take you to the Microsoft Store.
Get Spirit Lake Demo – one free, AWESOME level teaching multiplication. Once downloaded, you can play it anywhere, no Internet access required.
Spirit Lake: The Game – $9.99 It’s a matter of math and (virtual) death! Learn multiplication and division – including word problems – and Dakota culture. Save your tribe from attacks and a spreading epidemic. Escape rabid wolves. Hunt buffalo. Math has never been this fun.
Fish Lake Demo – Get one free level to learn fractions and Ojibwe history.
Fish Lake – There’s a fraction of a chance you’ll survive to the end of this game! Focuses on fractions – including word problems – and teaches about Ojibwe Native American culture. Watch out for poisonous snakes! Make your way down the rapids. Find enough food for your village’s survival. Figure out “what’s fair.” Who knew you could get this excited about fractions? Get it for $9.99
Games for Chromebooks
Chromebook games can be played on the web with the links provided
You’re messing with us, right? Because games for Chromebooks can be played on the web and don’t need to be installed. You can find links for both our free and paid games for Chromebooks here.
Yes, we do know that some Chromebooks allow you to download Android apps. As of May, 2020 we had eight apps in Google Play, but we add more regularly, so check back often.
Find Android apps in Google Play
As we mentioned above, all of our Android apps can be download from Google Play. As of May, 2020 we have eight games in Google Play, six of which are free. Check them out!
Apps for iPad can be found in the Apple app store
We have eleven games for iPads as of May, 2020, seven of which are free and all are available for download from the Apple app store. Our paid apps are either $1.99 or $4.99 depending on the number of levels in the app. We add a new game approximately every four months.
Mac OS Download & Installation Instructions
How to Install Spirit Lake on Max OS X:
- Locate the Installer file in your “Downloads” folder. You can access the Downloads folder from the right-hand side of your “Mac Menu Bar” at the bottom of your screen, or if needed hover your mouse at the bottom of your screen to pop it up.
- Alternatively, you can open the “Finder” and click on “Downloads on the left-hand side of the window.
- From the Mac Menu Bar, click on the icon called “Downloads” to view the contents of that folder.
- To begin installation, double-click on the Installer—called “SpiritLakeMacInstall.dmg” if you are installing Spirit Lake, and “FishLakeMacInstall.dmg” if Fish Lake.
- This will open a new window, which will contain: the game, an “Applications” folder alias (short-cut), and a “READ ME” text file.
- Drag and drop the game icon into the Applications folder alias to copy it to your computer. (to drag: simply left-click and hold, move the cursor over to the new location, and release the left-click to drop)
- Now that the game is installed, navigate to your Applications folder and locate the game—called “Spirit Lake Mac” or “Fish Lake Mac.”
- Double-click the game icon to begin the game.