The most common support questions we receive, regarding downloading, installation and operating systems are answered below. If you have game related questions, such as what standards are addressed or how to run faster in the game, check our our Games: Frequently asked questions page. If the answers below don’t solve your issue, please click on the links at left for systems requirements, download and installation or game play questions.
- 1. What devices run your games? Does it run on Mac/ Windows/ iPad/ Chromebook / Android ?
- 2. I Bought a Computer Game Online. Where Is It?
- 3. A window pops up on my mac saying i can’t start the game because it’s from an “unidentified developer.” What do I do?
- 4. I am playing Forgotten trail or Aztech on the web and when Iget past the videos, the games won’t play.
- 5. Do I need internet to play the game?
- 6. I am having trouble logging on.
- 7. My computer display looks funny.
- 8. My internet doesn’t work.
- 9. If a new version of the game I already purchased has been released, do I need to pay for the new version?
1. What devices run your games? Does it run on Mac/ Windows/ iPad/ Chromebook / Android ?
We have games that run on iPad, Android, Mac, Windows and Chromebook but as of now not all games run on all operating systems. By 2019, we will have all games running on iPad, Windows and Mac. See details below for specific devices.
IPAD: We have 4 games for iPad – Aztech: The Story Begins, Aztech: Meet the Maya, Making Camp and Making Camp:Bilingual.
WINDOWS/ MAC: We have 5 games playable on Mac or Windows computers – Spirit Lake and Fish Lake are installed on your computer. Forgotten Trail, Making Camp and Making Camp: Bilingual can all be played in a browser.
CHROMEBOOK: Making Camp, Making Camp:Bilingual and Forgotten Trail run on Chromebooks.
ANDROID: Making Camp runs on Android devices
Also: I see you have some Windows games. What versions of Windows do you support?
- Our Windows games run on Windows 7, 8, 10 and 10S
2. I Bought a Computer Game Online. Where Is It?
After purchasing the game, you will get a “Thank You” screen. As soon as your order processes, you will get an email. This email will contain the link and instructions to download the game. You will usually get this email within an hour. If you do not receive this email within 12 hours, please let us know. We also recommend checking your spam folder.
3. A WINDOW POPS UP ON MY MAC SAYING I CAN’T START THE GAME BECAUSE IT’S FROM AN “UNIDENTIFIED DEVELOPER.” WHAT DO I DO?
On Mac computers, newer versions of the OS X operating system require you to give permission to open certain applications. In this case, to launch the game: Control+Click, or Right-Click the game icon instead of Double-Clicking it.
Select “Open” from the menu. Now click “Open” on the following window that comes up.
You will only have to do this the first time you open the game; after that you can simply Double-Click the game icon to open the game.
4. I AM PLAYING FORGOTTEN TRAIL OR AZTECH AND WHEN I GET PAST THE VIDEOS, THE GAMES WON’T PLAY.
Have you updated your browser lately? The games use WebGL which has run on most browsers, including Chrome and Firefox, for the past two years. Update your browser and the games should work.
5. DO I NEED INTERNET TO PLAY THE GAME?
For Fish Lake , Spirit Lake , iPad version of Aztech, iPad/Android versions of Making Camp : Yes, but only to start the game. This is so you can login with your username and password to resume playing in the same spot that you left off each time you play the game.
For Forgotten Trail and WEB VERSIONS Aztech and Making Camp: Yes. These games run online
6. I AM HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING ON
Did you make sure the device is connected to the internet and not in airport mode? In order to play the games you must connect to the internet when you login. This is so that your progress can be tracked and you don’t have to start at the beginning of the game every time you play (and no one wants that). On some computers, there is a button in the top right of the keyboard that sets the computer to airport mode and frequently it is hit it by accident.
7. MY COMPUTER DISPLAY LOOKS FUNNY.
Go to your computer settings and inspect your screen resolution. Make sure that your proper screen resolutions has set for your device.
8. MY INTERNET DOESN’T WORK.
Sucks to be you. No, we’re just kidding, or, maybe not, that probably really does suck. If you are trying to connect to a wireless network, make sure that you are entering the correct user name and password. If you are trying to connect to a wired network, check your router to make sure that it’s plugged in and turned on. Try re-setting the router by turning it off, waiting 30 seconds and turning it back on again.
If you cannot find the solution on our website, use this contact form. It would help us answer your problem more quickly if you told us what operating system you are using, which game and what version.
9. IF A NEW VERSION OF THE GAME I ALREADY PURCHASED HAS BEEN RELEASED, DO I NEED TO PAY FOR THE NEW VERSION?
You do not need to buy another copy of the game, we will be happy to email the updated version directly to you. Email us at email@example.com from the email address you used to order the game and we’ll send you a download link.
May we suggest…
Many problems can be fixed by downloading the latest version. All upgrades are free to licensed users who are sent a link to download major updates or notified by the app store as they are released, which is about every 3-4 months. If you did not receive the email / it went to your spam folder/ you just deleted it and now you are sorry – hey, we won’t judge you. Just use this contact form and we will verify your paid license and send you a download link.